Here is our recipe for fluffy, stackable pancakes. These have been a staple in our restaurants since the old Drumanilra days, and they’re still a weekly ritual for us!
Pancakes aren’t usually seen as the healthiest option, but by using organic ingredients you can boost your vitamin intake AND get the tastiest, fluffiest stackable pancakes ever. They’re the ones we serve in Honestly every day until noon (and all day on Pancake Tuesday)!
What you will need
- 2 Drumanilra Organic Eggs
- 400ml Organic Milk
- 400g Organic Plain Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Extra butter or oil for cooking
- Toppings – berries, maple syrup, lemon, sugar, bananas, strawberries, bacon, cajeta
Grab all of the above in the Honestly Farm Kitchen Farm Shops 7 days a week!
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter with no lumps. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan. When it’s melted, add a ladleful of batter. Don’t worry if it seems very thick – it’s meant to be!
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble up, then turn it over (send us your pancake flip videos!) and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven until you have enough for everyone!
Are you Classic or Creative when in comes to your pancake toppings? Let us know!